Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spock Lust Spectacular


I thought I'd carry over our conversation from the comments into a new post with lots of *visual stimulation*, LOL! Yes, it's Spock Lust Spectacular Day here at LIT, with all the LIT Ladies on-board except for Charlotte--though Charlotte has yet to see the new Star Trek movie, so that might explain it.



I swear, if you'd shown me Zach Quinto's photo a month ago, I probably (might) have shrugged and said "Eh." But isn't it interesting how our eye gets a new filter when you've got added, supplemental visuals and information in your head to go with a photo? Now when I look at photos of Quinto, I don't just see a 2-dimensional photo of an actor, but I see the actor who played Spock--and who made Spock sexy (or should I say "sexier"? I'm suddenly finding Nimoy's Spock to be pretty sexy, too!). I'm also seeing the actor that I've watched in numerous interviews--unbelievably well spoken and interesting and intelligent and just generally fascinating.

Now, I look at these pictures and am like Pavlov's salivating dog. Personally, I find this a very interesting phenomena. Obviously there are some individuals whose looks alone are enough to make you take notice. But there are others who aren't necessarily classically good looking, and yet when you bring other stuff to your examination, they suddenly become gorgeous (in many ways I think Rob Pattinson fits in this category--I mean, I wasn't salivating over him back when he was Cedric Diggory--it was only when he became Edward that I sat up and took notice, and I don't think I'm the only one).

Anyway, back to Zach. Sigh..... So, hot or not?? And include in your answer whether or not you've seen him as Spock or as Sylar, or if he's a totally 'new face' to you. It'll be interesting to see if there's any correlation.

7 comments:

Kristi Cook said...

Oooh, and ZACH is reading the audiobook version of the movie-tie-in novelization! I am SO buying this. I could listen to his voice for hours....

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Star-Trek-Movie-Tie-In/Alan-Dean-Foster/Star-Trek/9780743598354

You can listen to a sample!

Amanda McIntyre said...

I do love the vest, I can't lie. and the unshaven thing...its HOT!

so Kristi...I'm wondering how could we possibly in all of the galaxy's get this guy to come visit the Manor? *evil grin*

There has to be someone who knows someone......

Amanda M

Charlotte Featherstone said...

Ok, not hot for me, but I'll give you Rob Pattinson/Edward. I totally dig him as Edward.
Sorry to be such a party pooper. Maybe it'll change once I see Star Trek

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

It's okay Charlotte... not everyone is everyone's cup of hottness!!! But Rob Pattinson as my (notice I did say MY **evil laugh**) Edward!!! Now that is yummy... But Zach is hot... like I said.. in his own hottness!! Now... ladies.. I have some half nakked David (aka Bones, Angel) and some hottie photos of Richard from North and South... Head over to see... They are yummy... I am enjoying my afternoon delight with my bound angel... thanks to ms Charlotte herself!!! ***wisphering... she still does not know I have not returned him***

Caffey said...

LOL, Spock Lust Spectacular!! I can imagine what you'd come up for some others. You got some great pics!

I can't hear musice but I'll go see if that link Kristina has pics!

Karin Tabke said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED him as Spock!

Kristi Cook said...

He was AWESOME, wasn't he, Karin?! Doesn't get much better than that!