Here are my random writerly musings of the day, in no particular order:
1. There aren't enough hours in the day to get done what I need to get done--or enough hours in the night to get as much sleep as I need.
2. If one of my kids gets sick, it is almost a given that I will get it, too.
3. I cannot force myself to write if I'm not in the 'zone.' Unfortunately.
4. As soon as I sell a new book to a publisher, it is inevitable that I will then hear of four others that sound similar (and probably sold for more $$$ than mine!).
5. You should have a well-thought-out reason for using whatever point-of-view (POV) you use in any given story (this random musing brought on by a debate on a writer's loop I'm on). "But I've always wanted to try writing in first person!" isn't a well-thought-out reason.
6. WINTER'S DESIRE will be out in five days!!!! FIVE days!!! (according to the widget). Don't forget our upcoming celebration/shindig/giveaways (remember that "winter's sparkle" necklace?!).
7. Lastly, just to leave you some eye candy, this is what the heroine's love interest in my upcoming YA book looks like in my mind's eye:
Okay, I'm now ready to pass the microphone. Your turn. Let's hear your random Monday musings.