Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Roses are Red,
Violets are blue,
Craven-Moore awaits in bed
Looking for some company or two!
What do we think? Shall I go to work at Hallmark penning Valetine's Day cards? LOL!
Poetry has always confounded me. I am much more direct in my dealings, but I do realize that you ladies like the odd bit of poetry and I am not above giving you some, albeit my brand.
Back in my day, I ran from this particular holiday. All those pesky entanglements and such. But this year, I'm feeling rather blue. It is that time of year again at the manor....deadline time. I have no playmates to amuse me. No nubile fingers tickling me in the night. If only I were a keyboard, I could be fingered the night through....ah hmm....I digress.
As I was saying, it is rather dreary from where I stand, and knowing how a simple poem or a pretty letter can make the fairer sex squeal in delight, I'm having a contest to see, if I, too, might squeal. So what is this contest, you ask?
It is a Love Letter Contest. To me, of course.
Now, the rules..dear me, those LIT ladies are rather fond of rules. I'd give you carte blanche, but apparently it must be PG-13.
Right then...Now for more rules...
1. Please mark your comments 'Love Letter Contest'. Preferably to this post. The LIT ladies will remind visitors to scroll down to this post to find me. (They are excessively good at reminding, just as good as rule making, in fact!)
2. The poem or letter must be no longer than 400 words, and of the PG-13 variety.
3. The poem or letter to give me the all-over quivers will be the winner of a $75.00 gift certificate to either Barnes and Noble or Amazon~your preference (because I do aim to please, ladies!).
4. Because I'm a firm believer in the pleasure of numbers, I shall be picking three runners-up who will receive the latest copy of Kristi's, Amanda's, and Charlotte's books (one book to each runner-up).
5. The winner shall be announced by moi on Monday Feb 16th.
Good luck, my lusty readers. I await with baited breath to read these entries! And thank you so much for tolerating me this past year!
Posted by Charlotte Featherstone at 5:22 AM